theomeier
join:2004-02-04

theomeier

Prevent Crashes of SMC2804WBR with eMule

anticrashsmc···uter.zip
243,391 bytes
2804 anti crash recipe
(anticrashsmcrouter.pdf)
This tells you how to prevent regular crashes of the SMC2804WBR router, which only occur when eMule is running.

The most important clue for this solution was derived from a posting of “Kinguni” in this forum.

»7004VBR freezing every couple hours

Solution Brief
(for mor detail see pdf-attachment)

Windows Settings:
In the Network properties configure network to obtain IP automatically (DHCP)

Router Settings:
In the Advanced Setup Menu configure LAN IP, NAT, Encryption, Firewall, MAC Address and Intrusion Detection

Encryption Settings:
Match encryption settings of router either in the Windows network wireless settings or in the EZ Connect client application.

inmuck
Idiot In The East
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
Raleigh, NC

inmuck

Premium Member

Does it work with all versions of 2804WBR i.e. Version 1, Version 2 and Printer Server version?
theomeier
join:2004-02-04

theomeier

It has been tested to work with version2.
I wouldn´t know about the other versions, but presume, that it will work as well. There is now harm in trying, because it should work independently from any BIOS version.
chjohans1
join:2004-02-08

chjohans1 to theomeier

to theomeier
I have tested this extensivly on a 2804WBR v1 and the *only* setting that makes a difference is the Firewall "Connwection Policy" and (probably what makes it stable) the "DoS Detect Criteria". Set those as in the link to "7004VBR freezing every couple hours" ling in the top post in this topic and your'e all good.

Made my 2804 rock stable, not one crash since changing those settings. And it used to crash about every 2nd hour when running eMule.

inmuck
Idiot In The East
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
Raleigh, NC

inmuck

Premium Member

Thanks for that .pdf file. It is informative and useful.